How To Layer for New York Winter

Look 1: Hat: TopShop (similar) , Scarf: Anthropologie (similar) , Dress: Free People , Tights only $8: Urban Outfitters , Boots: FRYE

Look 2: Sweater: All Saints , Leather Jacket: Kate Spade , Fleece leggings: Forever 21 , Plaid Scarf , Boots: Hunter , Hat: Forever 21 (similar)



It feels hence foreign writing this postal service when it is , no joke , 63° outside. Last weekend , withal nosotros had a glorious snowfall! New York City is absolutely stunning when it offset snows. The following days normally are a wretched mix of sludge together with chilly pelting but the fresh , glistening snowfall brand the metropolis await similar a gift shop snow globe. 

Gerry together with I had a lazy weekend of sleeping , belatedly brunches & playing inwards the snow! Since I didn't grow up amongst a ton of snowfall I truly relish bundling up. I'm seriously obsessed amongst fleece-lined tights. Honestly I'm mad at myself for non having discovered them sooner! They are SO much warmer than wearing than jeans that larn soggy hence fast! I bring ii pairs; one from Urban Outfitters together with one from Forever 21. And they are amazing , no splurge needed. For my first await I layered this bondage-esque dark dress from Free People over a dark Forever 21 turtleneck , fleece tights together with added an extra duet of knee articulation high socks. Boots are cardinal together with I'm inwards honey amongst my new Samantha Hiker boots from Frye. They truly create bring the well-nigh exceptional , well-made boots inwards the game. I swapped the dark laces for ruddy ones to add together a popular of color. I topped the await off amongst a white coat from Zara , ruddy beanie & extra long scarf. 

On Dominicus it was a tad warmer hence I layered a sweater clothing over a trunk adapt , fleece lined leggings together with white thigh high socks rolled downward into my Hunter boots. Word to the wise - Hunter boots are super cute inwards the snowfall but you postulate to wearable layers of socks underneath or your feet are gonna last mutual coldness af. So I'm wearing fleece tights , knees highs together with thigh highs nether those boots , my friends! During the solar daytime I only wore a leather jacket & blanket scarf over the await together with hence added a wool coat on run yesteryear when the Sun went down. Also , I took my gloves off for the photos but I was definitely wearing them all day! 

My run yesteryear tips for dressing chic inwards New York Winter:
  • Layer underneath your outfit amongst a fitted bodysuit (like this one from Free People) or sparse , tight turtleneck (like this one from Uniqlo) to add together warmth but non bulk.
  • Fleece tights or leggings are your friend! You tin wearable them alone or nether jeans for super mutual coldness days. 
  • Wear multiple socks! You volition larn hence much colder if your feet larn cold. I similar to wearable tights summation 1 knee articulation high sock. For boots without insulation become amongst yet only about other sock (trust me , y'all!)
  • Speaking of feet - invest inwards bully boots. I only wear true snowfall boots when it's over a few inches of snowfall together with the residual of the fourth dimension I wearable lace upwards boots (like the ones shown higher upwards from Frye) , Harness boots or Hunter boots (with lots of socks underneath). Fur to shearling boots are also skilful but I don't uncovering them to last every moment versatile for other seasons.
  • With a skilful foundation you tin wearable less bulky clothes. If you follow the higher upwards you tin soundless wearable cute dresses because your base of operations volition last dainty together with toasty. 
  • Gloves. I never leave of absence the describe of piece of employment solid without them afterward December. Hats are also essential and scarves are skilful to bring , particularly if they're cute! 
  • Keep proportions inwards check. I similar to become amongst shorter hemlines (as amongst the sweater clothing above) when I'm wearing tights - it helps elongate the leg hence you don't await shorter than you are. 
So run out at that topographic point together with play inwards the snow! 

Popular posts from this blog

Brooklyn Baby

OUTFIT | DEEP WATERS

HIIT IT WITH OLD NAVY ACTIVE